Wallpaper can transform a room, but it is often hard to choose which pattern is right for your particular space. Here are some issues to consider when choosing the right wallpaper:
1. Color. Your wallpaper should play off the other colors in the room. If you already have a lot of strong colors in the space, consider a wallpaper with one or two different colors. If your room does not have many colors, wallpaper can be a great way to bring colorful energy into the space. Try to get a sample of the wallpaper so you can see the actual shade of the color in your room.
2. Pattern size. Some wallpapers are much more graphic than others. How buys is the room? A highly graphic pattern will draw attention and stand out. Again, think balance. Choose what your room needs.
3. Room size. If a room is small, consider a wallpaper with a mural scene with a horizon line in the distance. If a ceiling feels too high, wallpaper will make it feel lower down.
4. Style. Wallpapers range in their mood and style, from formal to funky and everything in between. While it can be fun and interesting to mix vintage and modern sensibilities, keep in mind the entire room when you choose your pattern so you achieve the tone you want.
5. Hanging objects. Wallpapers with more subtle tones and patterns are generally better for hanging objects. If you do want to hang an object on a bold, graphic pattern, the object must be large or bold as well. (Mirrors often work well.)http://www.dejadesktop.com